Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today Was a Good Day



Now the work starts for everyone. I never expected that after the hideously depressing history of the past eight years, I would see the uplifting history that Barack Obama offers. I only wish we could match this political movement here in Canada, where we're led by reactionary conservatives who are precisely the people who have caused so much pain for our neighbours. And no one in Canadian politics seems to be up to the challenge that the times put before us. So many leaders in my country are consumed by traditional ideologies, whether of the right, the left, or the selfish. I never thought that Canada would let me down, but it has.

But until then, I can believe that America, as a country, is going to do right again. A few years ago, I never thought I would say that.

No comments: